AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test or Indian Air Force Exam all of them are discrete names of the procedure of acquiring jobs in the Air force. AFCAT exam is at country level competitive exam runed by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to select officers for all its divisions, but not for the medical and dental divisions.
Chandigarh Careers Group is the best institute for AFCAT Coaching In Chandigarh. We at Chandigarh Careers Group furnish teaching for AFCAT written examinations from the initiation of the exam by the Air force.
At The Chandigarh Career Group, your vision is turned out to be reality by an expert team of faculty who have the remarkable sight of helping aspirants pass the AFCAT exam. We are the top leading AFCAT coaching institute in Chandigarh. As a statement to our efforts more than 40 candidates of our institute passed the afcat II 2017 exam. AFCAT exam is a portal to the Indian Air Force for our students. AFCAT exam opens doors of many opportunities in the Air force, like a technical branch, flying branch etc. Our course contents are dynamic and improved as per the latest exam trends. Our study material is constantly updated. Regular classes and weekly tests are conducted to check student’s progress. At the Chandigarh Career Group, we have an atmosphere that candidates approach us for becoming officers not to just clear the written exam. So, we also deliver free spoken English and personality development classes to all our students thus they are cranked up to take on SSB interview at this stage itself.
- This exam is conducted twice in a year, in the month of February and other in the month of August.
- The duration of the exam is two hours and will contain multiple-choice questions on reasoning, general awareness, verbal ability, numerical ability, and military aptitude.
- The exam consists of 100 questions and each question carries 3 marks.
- After the written exam of AFCAT, the results are announced and a cut off is fixed.
- Candidates scoring above the cut off are called for AFSB interview the further step.
- EKT exam duration will be of 45 minutes and headed immediately after the AFCAT interview round.
- The AFSB interview round is a personality test round that is conducted for a duration of 6 days.
About AFCAT written exam
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This test is conducted by the Indian Air Force for the selection of officers in all branches of the IAF except medical and dental viz. Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and Ground Duty Branch.
AFCAT Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test|
|Negative Marking||1 mark|
The approximate number of questions asked from each section is as follow
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90||2 hours|
|Numerical Ability||15||45||2 hours|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105||2 hours|
AFCAT Vacancies 2019
|Flying||SSC – 60|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE (L): PC- 28, SSC- 42
AE (M): PC- 12, SSC- 20
|Ground Duty (Non -Technical)||Admin: PC- 16, SSC- 24
Education: PC- 06, SSC- 10