Every year, the UPSC conducts National Defence Academy (NDA) examinations. The NDA exam is held twice a year. On the official UPSC website, candidates can submit their applications for the NDA exam online. Examinations are held in different cities across India. For those eligible to prepare for the NDA exam, Chandigarh Career Group offers the best NDA coaching in Chandigarh to help them pass both the written examination and SSB interview. For the candidates, we have highlighted the most important aspects of the NDA exam. The official website is http://www.upsc.gov.in/ where you can find more information.
Eligibility for the NDA Exam:
Find out if you are eligible to take the NDA exam. Before you begin the application process, you should read the eligibility requirements. The following are the requirements to apply for NDA examinations.
- The minimum age for applying to the NDA exam is 16 years of age, and the maximum age is 19 years of age as of January 1st OR July 1st of the examination year.
- Candidates should not be married to be eligible to apply for NDA exam.
- Qualifications for Indian Army – Applicants must have completed High School education OR an equivalent level of education from a recognized institution.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary education from a recognized Board with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in order to apply for the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. Higher Secondary students can also apply for NDA exams.
- In the defence sector, physical fitness is very important. Ensure you meet the NDA requirements as specified by the armed forces
Exam syllabus for NDA:
The NDA syllabus is divided into two parts- Mathematics and General Abilities. We offer best coaching here for NDA Exam in Chandigarh as per the syllabus of NDA Exam. For the purpose of better understanding the candidates, we have presented an overview of the examination syllabus of NDA.
1.) Mathematics Syllabus
Mathematical subjects include statistics, trigonometry, matrix determinants, differential calculus, integral calculus and differential equations, analytic geometry of 2 and 3 dimensions, probabilities, matrices & determinants, vector algebra, algebra, etc.
2.) General Ability Syllabus
In general ability, there are two parts – Part A & Part B. Part A deals with English, grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, etc.
Topics covered in Part B include General Knowledge, Physics, History, Geography, Chemistry, general Science, Current Affairs, etc.
What Are The Procedures For Joining NDA After 12th?
- NDA can be applied for by candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must apply online for NDA by visiting UPSC’s official website.
- Join the NDA after the 12th, the ages of the candidates between 16.5 and 19.5.
- UPSC NDA applicants must pass the exam in order to qualify.
- Candidates who qualify in the NDA will have to take a three-year course.
- After completing the course, he or she will be stationed as a lieutenant with the Indian defence forces
NDA Exam Marking Scheme
Chandigarh Career Group is a premier NDA coaching institute in Chandigarh. It not only explains the eligibilities, the examination pattern, and the syllabus of NDA exams but also the marking scheme. Similarly, the NDA examination will consist of two sections – Mathematics and General Abilities. In the mathematics section, there will be 120 questions worth 300 points. There will be 2.5 marks per question. For each incorrect answer, 0.83 marks will be deducted.
The General Ability section will have 150 questions worth 600 marks. A total of 150 questions will be asked, of which 50 will be from English, and the remaining 100 will be from General Knowledge, Physics, History, Geography, Chemistry, General Science, Current Affairs, etc. There are 600 total marks for the General Ability Test. 200 points will be allocated to English, 400 points for General Knowledge, Physics, History, geography, Chemistry, general science, and current affairs. For each wrong answer in the General Ability Test, there will be a penalty of 1.33 marks.